about the mud bud classes

"Mud Buds" is art classes for children (and occasional adults). Students not only gain hands on experience creating art but also learn some of the history behind art, artists and styles of art in many cultures across the world.

Types of Classes Available:

Summer Art Classes in my home
available in June and July. Information on summer art classes will be posted at the end of May each year.

School Year Art and or Clay Classes
Art and or Clay classes are offered Fall- Spring during the school year in my home. They are one hour long
Cost: $10 per student per hour (additional materials fees for some projects)
Themes: variety
Size: 5 student spaces available per class.
Specific information about classes will be made available in the posts to the left. That information will first come available in July 2009 for the 09-10 school year.

Traveling Art Classes organized by you
I will travel to your home and teach a unit of classes to a group of children (or adults) that you put together.
Cost: $50/hour for the first 5 students. $5/hour per each additional student. (be sure that you have sufficient space in your home for larger groups).
Materials fees may apply for some projects.
Travel fee will apply for distances that are very far from my home.
(Please organize payment from the members of your group and give me one check for each class)
Themes: Your Choice
Class size: varies

Art Classes in my home organized by you
I generally only offer one or two art classes in my home that I plan and put together by myself. Sometimes the date, time, or theme that I choose does not fit with everyone's schedules and preferences. In that case I can get together with you to schedule your own art classes based on whatever you want your group of kids (or adults) to learn and we can do it whenever it would be good for you (well, it has to fit in my schedule too).
Cost: $50/hour for the first 5 students.
Additional students may be added for $5/person/hour, but my house is not very big, so I cannot host large groups.
Additional materials fee may apply for some projects.
(Please organize payment from the members of your group and give me one check for each class)
Themes: varies

Special Interest Groups:
Scout Groups (Girl Scout, Cub Scout, Boy Scout)
Church Groups
Discounts may apply, contact me for more information on organizing these types of classes.

Special Disclaimers:
I have a baby due at the end of September '09. I am doing my best to schedule around the birth and recovery. Please be patient with me as I plan out the School Year classes right before and after the baby is born. I hope to fit some small 2 day(one for building, one for glazing) clay classes before the holidays! Cross your fingers all of you mud lovers!

Monday, March 23, 2009

catch up in clay class

Sorry that this has not been updated as of late.
(A long on going bout of all day sickness-more commonly known as morning sickness will do that to you- I have been on survival mode)
We are still having clay classes in my home and I am also traveling to teach classes. I recently did a Girl Scout group and helped them pass off their ceramics badge. I am offering girl scout groups at a discounted rate so if you have a group please ask for details.
I was shocked to see how much they charge at some of the big pottery decorating shops. I was a girl scout when I was a little girl and I am very involved with the Cub Scouts (den leader) so I'm glad I can be of some assistance.


Our most recent projects in the clay classes taught in my home were our complted tea sets. This was a 3 day project. One day for the pots, one day for the cups and one day for the saucers, plates and cream and sugar. (and an additioal long glaze day). They turned out GREAT, as you can see.
In addition the girls made pinch pot animal bowls.

Over spring break we met for one long class and sculpted heads. They they are waiting to be fired and glazed, but I am very excited to see how they turn out. They look amazing as greenware.

I am still planning on summer classes. I should have all of the details posted by then end of next month. Please keep posted.